Thursday, November 05, 2009

Track Back
Yesterday over at Pajiba, they had a comment diversion that revolved around what movies took you back to your childhood.So I got to thinking about what songs take me back to that place of small chairs, big people and not being able to see what was on the back of the counter. I'm talking early childhood here, like before you were 8.  
When I was but a slip of a girl, I absolutely adored this song. I swear I had visions of being freed of family trappings, happily living in some 8x12 four bit room (although I probably didn't know what 4 bit meant) and thought that 2 hours of 'pushin' broom' didn't seem like such a bad deal if that meant you were King of the Road. I swear, all my wandering ways are the fault of Roger Miller.

So fess up...what song takes you waaaaaaaaaay back?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

roger miller was so handsome.

kathryn said...

Aw! I can barely remember a lot of my childhood, but the songs do take me back.

My parents loved to listen to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. They had an album with a woman drenched in whipped cream...I thought it was so daring!